Andrew Mackie-Smith and Trish Mackie-Smith have independently appeared on television and had their expert opinions published in various print media and online publications.
Andrew has made a number of television appearances such as in Selling Houses Australia and A Current Affair. His advice has been published in property investor magazines and online podcasts.
He is also an experienced speaker and available to speak on radio, television, podcasts or to specific groups such as first home buyers, property sellers, trainee building inspectors, real estate agent training and property investors on topics including:
- How to best present your property for sale
- How to negotiate using Building Reports
- What to look out for when purchasing a property
- Common Building Defects and what to do about them
- How to identify Timber Pests
- How to determine if the defect is structural or not
- How to choose a good Building Inspector
- Why all property owners need building inspections
Andrew’s new book titled “Building Success – Why Property Investors Need Building Inspections“ was launched in August 2016 at Master Builders Qld .
Andrew speaks to Kevin Turner on Radio 4BC and Realestate Talk show as special guest & author: Click here for Radio interview
Trish has attracted media attention from many news outlets including Channel 9 News, Channel 7 News, The Sunday Mail, Smart Property Magazine, Your Investment Property Magazine, Real Estate Business, Quest News and QLD Master Builders magazine primarily because of her petition that is currently in Qld Parliament seeking consumer protection rights for home buyers.
Due to her background in property law and her 14 years of experience running BuildingPro, she has identified that no consumer protection rights exist for buyers who buy defective and unsafe properties in Queensland and all other Australian states except the ACT. This realisation prompted her to commence a national online petition and a Queensland Parliament petition that has been sponsored by the Hon Kate Jones MP.
The QLD Attorney-General’s department has confirmed that this area of law needs reform.
Trish is available to speak about this matter for radio, podcasts, television networks and other media outlets. See the below articles and videos of her recent media appearances.
2018 “Best Building & Pest Inspection Company” in Australia
It has been a busy awards season for BuildingPro with the team picking up accolades across a number of business and industry awards for 2018.
We are excited to announce BuildingPro has been awarded “Best Building & Pest Inspection Company” in Australia at the 2018 Property Investors Awards hosted by the Your Investment Property Magazine.
The national Property Investors Awards aims to establish a benchmark for excellence in the industry and promote Australia’s top performers across a number of categories.
BuildingPro has also been awarded for the consecutive year the “2018 Master Builders Housing & Construction Excellence Award (Brisbane Region)” from Master Builders Queensland.
And our most recent achievement was at the 2018 Queensland Housing & Construction Awards held 12 October where we were awarded the “Master Builders Queensland State Award for Excellence in Building Consultancy”.
Andrew accepted the award from the Commissioner of QBCC, Mr Brett Bassett
A big thank you from Andrew and the BuildingPro team! We appreciate all the support from our colleagues, referrers, customers, family and friends as we couldn’t have done it without you.
Check out the 2018 Queensland Housing & Construction Award winners video below.
- Family’s lucky escape after entire ceiling collapses, A Current Affair – 2018
- Lemon Houses, A Current Affair – 2016
- Building industry experts push for tougher laws to protect Queensland home buyers, 9News – 2016
- Cosmetic cover-ups still legal in Queensland property sales, 7 News – 2016
- Balcony Horror, A Current Affair – 2014
- Rouge Tradies, A Current Affair – 2014
- Overcharging, A Current Affair – 2013
- Selling Houses Australia – 2012
- Killer decks, A Current Affair – 2012
- CityConnect Smart Cities program Part 1, 4BC – 2017
- CityConnect Smart Cities program Part 2, 4BC – 2017
- CityConnect Smart Cities program Part 3, 4BC – 2017
- CityConnect Smart Cities program Part 4, 4BC – 2017
- Real Estate with Kevin Turner – 2016
- Proposed new laws to require owners to reveal homes’ darkest secrets, Courier Mail – 2016
- Petition for legislative change to protect buyers from property defects, Quest Newspapers – 2016
- Unjust “law” needs shake-up, West Side News – 2016
- Master Builders Housing & Construction Excellence Awards Magazine – 2018
- Master Builders Magazine: Fair and honest system needed for homebuyers
- “Lemon laws” should be extended to property purchases, Your Investment Property – Your Investment Property – 2016
- Using building or pest reports to negotiate price reductions when purchasing a property, Destination Magazine – 2015
- Dishonest agents exploiting legal loophole, Real Estate Business – 2018
- State builders honoured at Queensland awards, Business Australia – 2018
- Professional advice and high-tech solutions, Excellence in Building – 2018
- European-inspired mansion named as Queensland’s best built home, realestate.com.au – 2018
- The upfront questions you need to ask your Commercial Building Inspector, Commercial Property Guide – 2017
- Why investors should do due diligence with an architect, Smart Property Investment – 2017
- The different types of building inspections that property investors must know, Smart Property Investment – 2017
- Three property issues that should concern investors, according to a licensed builder, Smart Property Investment – 2017
- How to properly communicate with your property inspector, Smart Property Investment – 2017
- Why property investors must stay through the building inspection, Smart Property Investment – 2017
- Termite management systems you can use for your property, Smart Property Investment – 2017
- Should termites and other pests be a valid reason to avoid a property?, Smart Property Investment – 2017
- How to reduce the risk of termite damage in your property, Smart Property Investment – 2017
- A builder’s opinion on setting up disclosure laws in Australia, Smart Property Investment – 2017
- The type of properties that could be home to termites and other pests, Smart Property Investment – 2017
- Major property defects investors must walk away from, Smart Property Investment – 2017
- How to choose the best building inspector to assess your property, Smart Property Investment – 2017
- How to determine the quality of a property by its location, Smart Property Investment – 2017
- What’s the difference between pest inspections and building inspections?, Smart Property Investment – 2017
- 10-point checklist for investors looking for quality properties , Smart Property Investment – 2017
- ‘Outrageous’ laws landing buyers with dud properties, Smart Property Investment – 2016
- Dishonest agents exploiting legal loophole, Real Estate Business – 2016
Podcast / Youtube
- The Go for Growth Show: The Tradie turned Techhead – 2018
- Episode 187 | How to Inspect Property Like a Pro! – 2018
- Classic property buyer mistakes + Interest Only Investors may have to sell + Sellers to generate reports at listing – 2018
- Building inspections should be part of the listing process, Real Estate Talk – 2017
- Essential tips for tackling pest and building inspections head-on, Smart Property Investment – 2017
- The top 10 things every investor should check before buying a property, Smart Property Investment- 2017
- Quantity surveyor’s insight into depreciation changes and why a building inspection will provide true return on investment, Smart Property Investment Podcast – 2017
- Episode 40: Property selection with Andrew Mackie-Smith, Rentvesting – 2017
- Property Selection: The Buyers Guide Podcast – 2016
- How to Inspect Like a Pro, Everyday Property Investing – 2015
Winner – 2018 Property Investors Awards Building & Pest Inspection Company of The Year
Winner – 2018 Master Builders Queensland Building Consultant of the Year
Winner – 2018 Master Builders Brisbane Region Building Consultant of the Year
Winner – 2017 Master Builders Queensland Building Consultant of the Year
Winner – 2017 Master Builders Brisbane Region Building Consultant of the Year
Finalist – 2016 Optus My Business Awards 2016: Property Business of the Year
Finalist – 2016 Optus My Business Awards 2016: Professional Services Business of the Year
Finalist – 2016 Optus My Business Awards 2016: Businesswoman of the Year
Finalist – 2013 Australian Small Business Champion Awards
Winner – 2012 Quest Business Achiever Awards, Professional Services