At the inspection, we usually start on the outside first and move to the subfloor area, roof exterior, the interior and finally the roof space. We cover all reasonably accessible and visible areas:
- Property Description – Property described, ie. wall type, roof type, etc
- Exterior – paint condition, external walls, weepholes, dampcourse, lintels, windows, doors, fencing, stairs, steps, ramps, retaining walls, paving, tiling, concrete areas, driveway, fences and gates
- Subfloor – Framing, Piers, surface drainage, retaining walls, leaks, dampness
- Roof – Roof material, gutters, downpipes, fascias, bargeboards, eaves, trims, valleys, gables, flashings, chimneys, vents, skylights
- External Structures – Decks, Balconies, Verandahs, Terraces, Patios, Pergolas, Ramps
- Outbuildings – Sheds, Granny Flat, Managers Residence, Pool Pump Enclosure, Chook Pen, Aviary.
- Interior – Walls, floors, ceilings, woodwork, doors, windows, joinery, wall and floor tiles,
- Plumbing – water pressure, taps, spouts, showers, bidet, baths, toilets, urinal, gutters, downpipes, surface drainage
- Electrical – Check for the presence of a Safety Switch and Smoke Detector/s.
- Wet Areas – Kitchen, Bathrooms, Ensuites, Laundry, Toilets
- Car Accomodation – Garages, Carports, Car space/s
Defects we may find include cracks, leaks, dampness, damage, installation defects, poor workmanship, Illegal building work*, rust, safety hazards, decay, building movement, drummy tiles, cracked glass, leaking showers, incomplete building works, leaking toilet, inadequate ventilation, mould*, asbestos*, termite activity and damage* and borer damage*.
* When these inspections are requested.
Our reports explain what the defects are, where they are located, why they are a problem and what needs to be done. We include lots of colour photos in the reports to help explain the findings.
Generally your reports will be ready within 48 hours of the inspection time and sent to your nominated email. Urgent same day reports can be arranged by special request. Just let us know at the time of booking.
Once you have received your report, we recommend you read them carefully. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions and we will be happy to take the time to provide a further explanation.