Andrew Mackie-Smith and Trish Mackie-Smith have independently appeared on television and had their expert opinions published in various print media and online publications.
Andrew has made a number of television appearances such as in Selling Houses Australia and A Current Affair. His advice has been published in property investor magazines and online podcasts.
He is also an experienced speaker and available to speak on radio, television, podcasts or to specific groups such as first home buyers, property sellers, trainee building inspectors, real estate agent training and property investors on topics including:
- How to best present your property for sale
- How to negotiate using Building Reports
- What to look out for when purchasing a property
- Common Building Defects and what to do about them
- How to identify Timber Pests
- How to determine if the defect is structural or not
- How to choose a good Building Inspector
- Why all property owners need building inspections
Andrew’s new book titled “Building Success – Why Property Investors Need Building Inspections“ was launched in August 2016 at Master Builders Qld .
Andrew speaks to Kevin Turner on Radio 4BC and Realestate Talk show as special guest & author: Click here for Radio interview
Trish has attracted media attention from many news outlets including Channel 9 News, Channel 7 News, The Sunday Mail, Smart Property Magazine, Your Investment Property Magazine, Real Estate Business, Quest News and QLD Master Builders magazine primarily because of her petition that is currently in Qld Parliament seeking consumer protection rights for home buyers.
Due to her background in property law and her 14 years of experience running BuildingPro, she has identified that no consumer protection rights exist for buyers who buy defective and unsafe properties in Queensland and all other Australian states except the ACT. This realisation prompted her to commence a national online petition and a Queensland Parliament petition that has been sponsored by the Hon Kate Jones MP.
The QLD Attorney-General’s department has confirmed that this area of law needs reform.
Trish is available to speak about this matter for radio, podcasts, television networks and other media outlets. See the below articles and videos of her recent media appearances.
2017 Master Builders Queensland Building Consultant of the Year
On 29th September, we attended the Master Builders Housing and Construction awards at Brisbane City Hall where Andrew Mackie-Smith was awarded Queensland’s Building Consultant of the Year 2017!
It was a lavish gala event celebrating 30 years of Master Builders in Queensland as well as the achievements of many businesses and individuals from the building industry. We felt very privileged and honoured to be among those to receive recognition.
Andrew and the BuildingPro team have dedicated the last 15 years to providing exceptional service to all our customers. We appreciate the support we receive from colleagues, referrers, customers, family and friends as this is what keeps us striving to be the best.
2017 Master Builders Brisbane Region Building Consultant of the Year
We are very excited to announce our very own Andrew Mackie-Smith has been awarded Master Builders QLD Building Consultant of the Year award for Brisbane!
Thank you to the BuildingPro team, our loyal clients, referrers, family and friends. We would not have achieved this recognition without your support. We strive to always provide exceptional service, professional reports and highly valuable advice to help you make informed and confident decisions about your properties.
BuildingPro is Queensland’s most awarded building consultants with awards including Master Builders Brisbane Region Building Consultant of the Year 2017, Optus My Business Awards 2016 Finalists for Property Business of the Year, Finalist for Professional Services Business of the Year and Finalist for Businesswoman of the Year; Quest Business Achiever Winner 2012; and Australian Small Business Champion Awards Finalist in 2013.
- Lemon Houses, A Current Affair – 2016
- Building industry experts push for tougher laws to protect Queensland home buyers, 9News – 2016
- Cosmetic cover-ups still legal in Queensland property sales, 7 News – 2016
- Balcony Horror, A Current Affair – 2014
- Rouge Tradies, A Current Affair – 2014
- Overcharging, A Current Affair – 2013
- Selling Houses Australia – 2012
- Killer decks, A Current Affair – 2012
- CityConnect Smart Cities program Part 1, 4BC – 2017
- CityConnect Smart Cities program Part 2, 4BC – 2017
- CityConnect Smart Cities program Part 3, 4BC – 2017
- CityConnect Smart Cities program Part 4, 4BC – 2017
- Real Estate with Kevin Turner – 2016
- Proposed new laws to require owners to reveal homes’ darkest secrets, Courier Mail – 2016
- Petition for legislative change to protect buyers from property defects, Quest Newspapers – 2016
- Unjust “law” needs shake-up, West Side News – 2016
- Master Builders Magazine: Fair and honest system needed for homebuyers
- “Lemon laws” should be extended to property purchases, Your Investment Property – Your Investment Property – 2016
- Using building or pest reports to negotiate price reductions when purchasing a property, Destination Magazine – 2015
- The upfront questions you need to ask your Commercial Building Inspector, Commercial Property Guide – 2017
- Why investors should do due diligence with an architect, Smart Property Investment – 2017
- The different types of building inspections that property investors must know, Smart Property Investment – 2017
- Three property issues that should concern investors, according to a licensed builder, Smart Property Investment – 2017
- How to properly communicate with your property inspector, Smart Property Investment – 2017
- Why property investors must stay through the building inspection, Smart Property Investment – 2017
- Termite management systems you can use for your property, Smart Property Investment – 2017
- Should termites and other pests be a valid reason to avoid a property?, Smart Property Investment – 2017
- How to reduce the risk of termite damage in your property, Smart Property Investment – 2017
- A builder’s opinion on setting up disclosure laws in Australia, Smart Property Investment – 2017
- The type of properties that could be home to termites and other pests, Smart Property Investment – 2017
- Major property defects investors must walk away from, Smart Property Investment – 2017
- How to choose the best building inspector to assess your property, Smart Property Investment – 2017
- How to determine the quality of a property by its location, Smart Property Investment – 2017
- What’s the difference between pest inspections and building inspections?, Smart Property Investment – 2017
- 10-point checklist for investors looking for quality properties , Smart Property Investment – 2017
- ‘Outrageous’ laws landing buyers with dud properties, Smart Property Investment – 2016
- Dishonest agents exploiting legal loophole, Real Estate Business – 2016
- Classic property buyer mistakes + Interest Only Investors may have to sell + Sellers to generate reports at listing – 2018
- Building inspections should be part of the listing process, Real Estate Talk – 2017
- Essential tips for tackling pest and building inspections head-on, Smart Property Investment – 2017
- The top 10 things every investor should check before buying a property, Smart Property Investment- 2017
- Quantity surveyor’s insight into depreciation changes and why a building inspection will provide true return on investment, Smart Property Investment Podcast – 2017
- Episode 40: Property selection with Andrew Mackie-Smith, Rentvesting – 2017
- Property Selection: The Buyers Guide Podcast – 2016
- How to Inspect Like a Pro, Everyday Property Investing – 2015
- How to spot those hard to see defects, Rapid Solutions Conference – 2017
- Key Person of Influence Pitch Fest, Dent – 2016
Winner – 2017 Master Builders Queensland Building Consultant of the Year
Winner – 2017 Master Builders Brisbane Region Building Consultant of the Year
Finalist – 2016 Optus My Business Awards 2016: Property Business of the Year
Finalist – 2016 Optus My Business Awards 2016: Professional Services Business of the Year
Finalist – 2016 Optus My Business Awards 2016: Businesswoman of the Year
Finalist – 2013 Australian Small Business Champion Awards
Winner – 2012 Quest Business Achiever Awards, Professional Services