BuildingPro is a family owned and operated business founded in 2000 by Andrew and Patricia Mackie-Smith.
We are professional building inspectors providing building, pest, maintenance and pre-sale inspection services to residential and commercial buildings in the Brisbane area.
Why choose us? We can help you to make one of the most important decisions of your life!
Whether it’s to buy your dream home or investment property, sell a family home or purchase a building for a new business venture – these are important decisions that may depend on the findings of our reports.
As a member of Master Builders and Institute of Building Consultants, we have adopted their Code of Conduct and Code of Ethics. Our professional and objective reports will help you make informed decisions based on over 30 years experience in the building industry and more than 26 years as a property investor.
Our mission is to be the best Building Inspectors in Australia by providing an honest, friendly and professional service to the highest standard in our industry.
We are Queensland’s most awarded building consultant with awards including:
Winner – 2017 Master Builders Brisbane Region Building Consultant of the Year
Finalist – 2016 Optus My Business Awards 2016: Property Business of the Year
Finalist – 2016 Optus My Business Awards 2016: Professional Services Business of the Year
Finalist – 2016 Optus My Business Awards 2016: Businesswoman of the Year
Finalist – 2013 Australian Small Business Champion Awards
Winner – 2012 Quest Business Achiever Awards, Professional Services
Our Community Contribution
- In 2007 BuildingPro volunteered to provide Maintenance Management and Repairs to the Red Hill Kindergarten.
- In 2008 BuildingPro volunteered to provide Repairs to Ashgrove West Kindergarten.
- Since 2008 BuildingPro have sponsored a child in Ghana through World Vision.
- Since 2009 BuildingPro have sponsored the Rotary Club of Ipswich to send Disadvantaged Children to a Day at the Theatre.
- In 2011 BuildingPro contributed to the St Johns Wood Sustainability Group by donating four fruit trees for a community Garden in Ashgrove.
- Sponsored Martial Arts Queensland Christmas Party since 2011.
Our Professional Contribution
Andrew Mackie-Smith has been a member of the Institute of Building Consultants (IBC) since 2002. During this time Andrew has served three terms on the Committee.
He was also part of a special sub-committee that reviewed the Draft of the new Australian Standard for Property Inspections AS4349.1 – 2007 and prepared a submission from Master Builders to Standards Australia representing the views of IBC members on proposed changes to the Standard.
Andrew Mackie-Smith has mentored Builders who are new to the profession by providing technical and business advice.
Our Environment Contribution
- BuildingPro offsets vehicle emissions through “Carbon Neutral”.
- BuildingPro emails reports to save paper.
- BuildingPro uses recycled paper.
- BuildingPro uses Green Energy Electricity.